Harol is the Belgian market leader in sun protection and roller shutters. The company is also strong internationally. Discover the main milestones in our 65-year history.
• 1946: Harol is founded by Leon Draelants. Production of wooden roller shutters in a carpentry workshop in Miskom.
• 1968: Plastic supersedes wood as the raw material for roller shutters. The first extruder for making PVC profiles is purchased.
• 1971: Harol PVBA is established.
• 1973: Capital is increased from BEF 2 million to 40 million.
• 1976: Harol NV is established for the purpose of assembling and selling aluminium roller shutters.
• 1980: Harol relocates from leased premises (2500 m²) to a new factory with a surface area of 10,000 m².
• 1983: the VZ500, the Harol sun protection for verandas, is designed. Harol launches the patented system in 1985.
• 1992: Development of our own range of awnings.
• 1996: Harol celebrates its 50th anniversary.
• 2000: The new Harol veranda sun blind is launched.
• 2002: The Duostore is launched.
• 2003: Presentation of new awnings.
• 2004: Opening of the new showroom.
• 2005: Presentation of the new built-on roller shutters.
• 2006: Celebration of our 60th anniversary.
• 2009: Harol starts distributing the PATiO, a high-tech awning.