Surface-mounted roller shutters are ones that you can install in your existing home. They can be made to match either traditional or contemporary homes with no major cutting work. Nevertheless, they provide not only additional security but also sound and thermal insulation.
Download your brochure Find a dealer Get a quote
The boxes and guide rails are made from sturdy aluminium and the slats are foam-filled for extra sturdiness and a longer service life.
Years of pleasure at no extra cost
The roller shutter slats feature a protective padding as standard to protect them against scratching. Result: your roller shutter will remain lustrous for longer. That is the difference between a roller shutter and a Harol roller shutter.
Save on your energy bills
Choose the innovative ALU42 Thermo slat, which has a special coating on the slats for extra thermal comfort. The reflective particles in the coating reflect the heat from your home (higher insulating value than PVC slats: R value = 0.25 m2 K/W).
Super-silent and 40% longer service life
Opt for SilensioTMand your roller shutter will not only be silent but will have a service life 40% longer than a standard roller shutter. The ultra-quiet tubular motor is quieter than any other household appliance! With an almost inaudible ‘soft start & stop’ function, the typical sound of slats clattering together is eliminated.
Roller shutters are an additional deterrent to intruders attempting to break into your home. They contribute significantly towards the increased security of your property. Nowadays you can go a step further still with extra security for particular components. A number of options are:
- Complete lift security system, only possible with electric operation
- Box made of extra-sturdy extruded aluminium
- Security guide rail that makes it harder to open the curtain
- Security bottom lath that is more difficult to grip
- Security slat filled with extra-hard foam for even more robustness
A colour to satisfy every desire
There are over 7 billion people on the Earth, most of whom have their own individual taste. So if you are thinking of buying a roller shutter, it is only logical that we should try to satisfy those varied expressions of style at home. With over 300 colours and a wide range of slats in matching shades, that is no problem.
All RAL colours and various textured coatings are included in the basic price.
Explore our innovative coating methods
Finished down to the smallest detail
- Rounded, bevelled or square box
- Wide range of high-quality slats in PVC or aluminium
- Various types of guide rail
- With light and ventilation slots or blackout*
*a roller shutter can never black out 100% of the light and a very small amount may penetrate the room
Comfort within easy reach
Available with manual operation or automatic operation using a hand-held transmitter, smartphone or tablet.
Also easy to connect to home automation systems
Explore the possibilities
- Area: up to 11 m² depending on the type of slat
- Optional film to attenuate the noise of driving rain on the box
- Optional VR150 Solar: this roller shutter operates completely independently on solar energy and has an excellent performance, even in inclement weather.